Booksburgh, 5 Author Tour of Pittsburgh
October 19th • 1-6pm
We’d never done anything quite like #Booksburgh, a 5 Author tour of Pittsburgh bookstores. We took a day and book-hopped through five shops. Each featured one of our authors who did a short reading and Q&A but all the books were available at each stop and most of the authors were there to sign as well. The event was sponsored by PARSEC and many thanks go out to Diane Turnshek and Laurie Mann for all their help setting the event up. Multiple locations kept us hustling but also gave the event lots of energy and the chance to meet new people at each stop. Every store was different and had its own personality which added to the atmosphere of adventure.
Our schedule looked like this:
- Michael Arnzen at 1pm at Carnegie Mellon Bookstore — 5000 Forbes Ave.
- Stephanie Wytovich at 2pm at The Big Idea Bookstore – 4812 Liberty Ave.
- Matt Betts at 3pm at The Muse Stand – 4524 Liberty Ave.
- Heidi Ruby Miller at 4pm at Bradley’s Books – 125 West Station Square Drive
- Jason Jack Miller at 5pm at Eljays Books – 3233 W Liberty, (under new management as Rickert & Beagle Bookstore)